Beantown Marathon - Boston Qualifier!
September 11, 2022 at 7:00AM
This Boston Qualifier has been designed for one reason, and one reason only … to give you one last chance to qualify for Boston 2023! As you may or may not know, this is the final qualifying weekend before general registration opens for Boston!
With a 40% qualifier rate from 2019, you don’t want to miss out on this run.
This quiet, closed, USATF-certified loop course will offer all of the elite-runner perks that can be so vital to Boston qualification…
- Loop course – 6 loops
- Pace specific staggered start – grouped by desired finish time
- Elite bottle/fuel stations – stock these stations with your own personal drinks and snacks
- General bottle/fuel stations – water and Gatorade provided for you
- Designated spectator areas for family/friends – your support section will see you every loop!
- Registrant gear check
- Portable toilets are never too far away
- Great race swag – personalized bib number, gender-specific tech t-shirt, and custom event finisher medal
- Post-race relaxation – snacks and refreshments
We are here to help you qualify for Boston 2023!
We promise, this is going to be your best shot, at a last minute qualifying bid for Boston!
Let our experienced race staff help you to your goal, of crossing the 2023 start line in Hopkinton!
Who can run?
We are limiting the field to just 500 runners! Each runner will have the option to run with a designated pacing group.
Where is the marathon?
This loop course marathon is located in Bare Cove Park (Hingham, MA). The quiet, beautiful setting that this venue provides is tailor-made for a fast qualifying time.
When is it?
The Marathon will take place on 9/11/22, starting at 7:00 AM sharp. As you may or may not know, this is the final qualifying weekend before general registration opens for Boston!
Countdown to Race Day!
Additional Event Information
- 6:00 AM – Race Opens
- 7:00 AM – First Marathon Wave Starts
- Subsequent waves are released every minute after that
- Start/Finish Location – Bare Cove Park Dr & Fort Hill St, Hingham, Massachusetts 02043
Bib Number Pickup
- Saturday 9/10, from 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Marathon Sports – 134 Washington St, Norwell, MA, 02061
There will be no pick up or registration on race day.
Note: All runners will receive a personal bib assignment email on Thursday (9/8). We are expecting a great crowd so please please please know your bib assignment when you come to pick up your packet so we can keep the flow going.
- $105.00 – through 5/10
- $115.00 – from 5/11 through 8/31
- $125.00 – from 9/1 through race day
Custom Marathon Swag
Runners will receive the following:
- Gender-specific tech t-shirt (t-shirt guarantee deadling: must be registered by 8/10/2022)
- Personalized bib number (must be registered by 8/11/2022)
- Custom event finisher medal (for those that cross the finish line)
Dehydrated? Light-headed? Nagging injuries flaring up? We will have two medical stations, one at the start/finish area, and another around Mile 3.5
Note: you will pass both of these locations 6 times.
- There will be a water stop approximately every mile along the course.
- If you prefer a different drink during the race, make sure to take advantage of the personal drink stations, where you can leave any concoction you’d like. This station will be on the way to the starting line.
Personal Drink Stations
All runners have the option to stock their very own personal bottle station! We completely understand that all runners have their own beverage preferences, so we are here to accommodate.
How it works:
- Pre-mix your personal race concoction(s)
- Pre-race you’ll be allowed access to your table to set up however you’d like (within your allotted space)
- There is one location, so you’ll be passing it on every loop (6 times)
- Be sure to clearly mark all items with your bib number!
There are designated spectator areas along the course. Please keep in mind, once the race starts, course access for spectators will be very limited!
Pacing Group Start
During registration, each runner will be given the option to select from a specific list of pacing groups (based on their goal finish time). Each pacing group will start together as a wave, with the same goal in mind. We will not have designated pace runners for this event.
- This USATF certified loop course marathon, is located in Bare Cove Park (Hingham, MA). The quiet, beautiful setting that this venue provides is tailor-made for a fast qualifying time.
- USATF Cert Number: MA17004RN
- Please note, this course is not appropriate for any duo teams
- For course layout, and elevation chart – Click Here!