Beantown Marathon - Boston Qualifier!
September 12, 2021 at 7:00AM
This new Boston Qualifier has been designed for one reason, and one reason only … to give you one last chance to qualify for Boston 2020! As you may or may not know, this is the final qualifying weekend before general registration opens for Boston!
With a 40% qualifier rate from last year you don’t want to miss out on this run.
This quiet, closed, USATF Certified loop course will offer all of the elite-runner perks that can be so vital to Boston qualification…
- Loop course (6 loops)
- Gender specific tech t-shirt
- Pace specific staggered start (grouped by desired finish time)
- Designated spectator areas for family/friends (will see you every loop)
- Registrant gear check at the start line
- Elite bottle/fuel stations (stock these stations with your own personal drink bottles)
- General water/fuel stations
- Portable toilets are never too far away
- Custom event finisher medal
- Personalized bib number
- Post-race relaxation (snacks, refreshments, music)
We are here to help you qualify for Boston 2022!
We promise, this is going to be your best shot, at a last minute qualifying bid for Boston!
Let our experienced race staff help you to your goal, of crossing the 2022 start line in Hopkinton!
Who can run?
We are limiting the field to just 400 runners! Each runner will have the option to run with a designated pacing group.
Where is the marathon?
This loop course, marathon is located in Bare Cove Park (Hingham, MA). The quiet, beautiful setting that this venue provides, is tailor-made for a fast qualifying time.
When is it?
The Marathon will take place on 9/12/21, starting at 7:00AM sharp! As you may or may not know, this is the final qualifying weekend before general registration opens for Boston!
Countdown to Race Day!
Thank You to our following sponsors
Additional Event Information Below
- 6:00 AM – Race Opens
- 7:00 AM – First Marathon Wave Starts
- Subsequent waves are released every minute after that
- Start/Finish Location – Bare Cove Park Dr & Fort Hill St, Hingham, Massachusetts 02043
Bib Number Pickup
- Friday 9/10, from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday 9/11, from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Marathon Sports – 134 Washington St, Norwell, MA, 02061
- YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR BIB NUMBER AT ONE OF THE ABOVE PICK UPS!
Note: All runners will receive a personal bib assignment email on Thursday (9/9). We are expecting a great crowd so please please please bring this confirmation email with you, printed or electronic, to keep the flow going.
- $100.00 – through 7/14
- $120.00 – from 7/15 through race day
Custom Marathon Swag
- Gender specific tech t-shirt
- Custom event finisher medal (yes – you do have to finish)
- Personalized bib number (have to register 30 days prior to the race)
Dehydrated? Light-headed? Nagging injuries flaring up? We will have two medical stations, one at the start/finish area, and another around Mile 3.5
Note: you will pass both of these locations 6 times.
- There will be a water stop approximately every mile along the course.
- If you prefer a different drink during the race, make sure to take advantage of the personal drink stations, where you can leave any concoction you’d like. This station will be on the way to the starting line.
Personal Drink Stations
Okay – so we think this is pretty cool … we are giving all runners the option to stock their very own personal bottle station! We completely understand that all runners have their own beverage preferences, so we are here to accommodate
- Pre-mix your personal race concoction(s)
- Pre-race you’ll be allowed access to your table, to set up however you’d like (within your allotted space)
- There is one location, so you’ll be passing it on every loop (6)
- Please, please, please MARK YOUR BOTTLES CLEARLY WITH YOUR BIB NUMBER!
There are designated spectator areas along the course. Please keep in mind, once the race starts, course access for spectators will be very limited!
Pacing Group Start
During registration, each runner will be given the option to select from a specific list of pacing groups (based on their goal finish time). Each pacing group will start together as a wave, with the same goal in mind. We will not have designated pace runners for this event.
- This USATF certified loop course marathon, is located in Bare Cove Park (Hingham, MA). The quiet, beautiful setting that this venue provides, is tailor-made for a fast qualifying time.
- USATF Cert Number: MA17004RN
- Please note, this course is not appropriate for any duo teams
- For course layout, and elevation chart – Click Here!
Looking for a place to stay?
- Check out some local listings by going HERE
- For previous years results and photos, please click here!
- If you have any questions, or comments please fill out the contact form (referencing the specific event), and we will get back to you as soon as possible!