PIZZA AND BEERS!
But better than college, for sure. You’ll get some free slices and craft brews. Can’t beat that, amiright?
SCENIC FALL COURSE
A stunning course set in beautiful Newburyport with portions on a bike path and along the water.
Make it to the finish and get a 2018 Newburyport Half finishers’ medal.
Next Price Increase
Additional Event Information Below
- 7:30 AM – Registration Opens
- 9:00 AM – Half Marathon Starts
- Start/Finish Location – 260 Towle St. Adjacent to the North End Boat Club, Newburyport, Massachusetts 01950
Bib Number Pickup
- Saturday 10/20, from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Jack Rabbit located at 27 Water Street (formerly known as the Greater Boston Running Company)
- Sunday 10/21, from 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- 260 Towle St. Adjacent to the North End Boat Club, Newburyport, Massachusetts 01950
Note: All runners will receive a personal bib assignment email on Thursday (10/18). We are expecting a great crowd so please please please bring this confirmation email with you, printed or electronic, to keep the flow going.
- $65.00 – through 5/4
- $70.00 – from 5/5 through 6/22
- $75.00 – from 6/23 through 8/31
- $80.00 – from 9/1 through race day
- 2-person relay – $100.00
Note: Registration will be available at packet pickup, and on race morning (cash and check ONLY)
Custom Event Swag
- A high-quality NBPT Half Marathon race shirt
- Branded pint glass (if you register through 8/3)
- Half Marathon finisher medal (yes – you do need to finish)
Top Finisher Awards
- There will be no awards ceremony on race day. All awards will be mailed out after the event.
- Top 3 Overall Male/Female winners
- Top Male and Female winners in the below age groups
- 18 and under, 19-29, 30-29, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69. and 70+
Our relay will be 2-person only! Each of you will run a 10K with the bus getting you to the hand off location. This popular portion of our race sells out fast, so sign up early. You’ll receive a tee and a medal too – don’t worry! Prizes for top male, female and mixed team awards!
Nothing, and we mean nothing is better than post race beers. After you run you’ll be able to enjoy beer from a local craft brewing company. You can’t beat it. Oh … and don’t forget about the pizza!
- The historic, scenic course and ideal October running conditions in New England are sure to bring a wonderful atmosphere to Newburyport on October 21st
- For course layout, and elevation chart – Click Here!
A medical team will be onsite for any hiccups that happen. 13.1 miles is a long way, so train and listen to your body on race day, please!
Parking and Directions
The start of the race is approximately at 202 Merrimac Street on the corner of Kern St. Almost all of the streets off of Merrimac Street are parking friendly. Please be courteous and respectful to the neighbors living in these neighborhoods and be sure to not block a driveway or park too close to a fire hydrant.
Carpool if you can – we are expecting a big crowd! Keep in mind that if you arrive less than 1.5 hours from the start, it is best to not drive too close to the start line as you may have to sit in traffic.